Friday, May 27, 2005

New Mexico

I made it to Albuquerque in one piece. The mountains surrounding the area are unbelievable. I haven't been here since I was a teenager. Of course, as a teen you do NOT have an appreciation for such things. The sun was just setting and it was quite breathtaking. I have to say their airport is one of the prettiest airports I have ever seen. It is full of Southwestern flare and flavor. I also have to say it is very well organized also. The draw back was the LONG way you have to walk to baggage claim. Maybe it was because I wasn't feeling well, but it seemed like one of those scenes where the hall keeps getting longer as you are walking. I loved how they had their rental car "process" set up. You take a shuttle bus to one big building and ALL the rental car places were in one spot. VERY NICE!

So I get my rental car and I follow the instructions I downloaded into my PDA to my hotel. It was VERY easy to find my hotel from the airport. I stayed at the Marriott near the airport. I was quite pleased with the room.

So I am here in New Mexico ready to meet up with my other Sucias, have fun and relax! I cannot say enough about how excited I am to be here. New Mexico, I hope you are ready for Las Sucias!!

No comments: