Monday, May 30, 2005

Going HOME!!


Behind the Tamaya Posted by Hello

I am sitting here in the Albuquerque Sunport waiting for my plane to take me home. I have a 4 hour wait, but that is okay because the airport has free internet access. What a GREAT airport!! lol

The mountains of New Mexico are beautiful and awe inspiring. It was as though you could walk right up to them and touch them. We were nestled in the valley of several mountain ranges. No matter what side of the resort you were on you saw mountains. The resort was beautiful, however, the design was crazy. I had to walk forever to get to my room. There was 1 right turn and 4 left turns to get to my room. I felt like I had walked for miles. The altitude didn't help things either. I would walk 10 steps and I felt like I had run a marathon. It was a very strange feeling. The resort had hot air balloons, horseback riding, and 3 fabulous pools.

Well, this weekend wasn't what I expected, but I did accomplish my goal of relaxation and rejuvenation. I had the most AMAZING full body massage. Now, I am a big girl and have special needs, like EXTRA LARGE robes and a heavier hand than normal. I have had massages before that just left me feeling the same as when I walked in the place...feeling as though I wasted my hard earned cash. My masseuse, Holly, was amazing. The massage took place in a room that had french doors that opened up to a private patio. I could feel the wonderful cool breeze hitting my body as she massaged. Words cannot explain or express the feelings I had. The birds were singing and the air was fresh. Holly has magic hands. I have had knots and tightness in my body for months and her magic hands drained all that tension from my body. It was so worth every penny.

I met some AWESOME Sucias and I am so glad I came. We bonded in a wonderful way. It was like we had known each other forever. I guess talking to someone via the internet can make you feel that way. We talked, laughed and cried with each other and it just made our bond that much stronger. We probably took about 500 hundred pictures of any and everything we saw. We had passerbys and waitstaff taking pictures of us. We have some pretty funny pictures and some truly beautiful ones too. Sucia Gloria was hilarious in her white Sedan DeVille Caddy rental. We went to the New Mexico Cultural Center and she was leaned back, rolling on the highway. YES, we like 'em big in Texas, right Gloria?!! lol.

It was truly an experience unlike any other. We have all made vows to stay in touch and meet up again every year like the our book counterparts.

See you next year Sucias!!

4 comments:

CubanDiva said...

We will post the pictures on the Sucia photo website. My favorite part was the massage. I was talking about it for days! If only I could describe to you this woman's magic finger...*sigh* But I have to say I also LOVED meeting all the Sucias that came...We had so much fun together!

CubanDiva said...

HEY Jay!!
Why the hell did you cancel your appt?! You really missed out. I thought I told you how good the massage was. Maybe that was Judie...LOL
Yes made it back home safely although my plane was delayed because of stuff in Dallas, so I got home really late.
Please come visit. I would LOVE to show you my town! Yes we have so NICE looking brothas here! lol

Karla said...

Awww Kim it sounds like you sucias had such a wonderful town. Damn i am going to make SURE that i am there next year...lol..Umm i heard(read) something about fine men...Damn it i know i should have gone. :) Oh i want to see pic's.

By the way i love your pic. I agree with tannia it is nice to be able to put a face to the super mom.

The Grouchy One said...

Kim:
To you, and the other Sucias that attended the retreat: Great time, new friends, fun memories! A toast to us!
Signed,
Marissa, an old friend.
LOL! It was great seeing you chica!