Thursday, May 26, 2005

Airline

Okay today I began my journey to Albuquerque, NM. I live extremely close to Love Field airport in Dallas. So obviously I chose Southwest Airlines for my trip. The convenience was the big factor in my selection.

Can I just say I had the trip from HELL!! Southwest's M.O. is to not assign seats. You just get in where you fit in. Can I also say the freaking plane was PACKED? I thought by traveling a day before the holiday weekend I would miss all the extra traffic. NOT!! It seems like everyone had the same idea. They board you by groups of A, B, and C. It was like I imagine being a cow in a herd would feel like. Everyone was pushing each other around trying to get their coveted seat. I am a back of the plane person because I am typically not in a MAJOR rush to get off the plane like others seem to be. Did I say the plane was packed. I was in group B, so I was able to get my back of the plane seat. Well, I am a big girl...I am sure I have said that someplace on here. Okay you see a big girl sitting in a seat...WHY would two other big people sit beside me? There were other seats with skinny people sitting in them so that was an option.

So I was squished up as they were also...sitting in the back of the plane. IT was awful. I was feeling nauseous and I prayed the whole 1 hour flight to not throw up all over them because there would be NO way for me to get out of my seat in time. It was an uncomfortable plane ride. The flight attendants were rude and looked over worked. They looked like they didn't care what happened to passengers. So I didn't have any confidence in them at all.

I like Southwest's concept of cheap, convenient flights, but you pay in the way of comfort and a dignity.I have come to the conclusion that even though Southwest is convenient and more cost effective, I will be traveling the extra 15 miles to Dallas Fort Worth Airport to fly in comfort! What is a few extra bucks when I can get an assigned seat, a wider seat, and smiles!

No comments: