Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Moving to Puerto Rico

Well it is official the parental units are moving to Puerto Rico. They built a beautiful ocean front home there. They led me to believe that they were building the house for family vacations. Well they LIED! They built it to move there for retirement. They have been planning this for years. Putting away money in Puerto Rican banks. They are very smart. Puerto Rico has very generous tax laws.

They have finalized their plans and have the move date set: July 21st...TWO DAYS before my birthday! Now that is an outrage, but as my mother told me, they are getting a cheaper price! lol Moving to an island is quite an ordeal. They have to have movers come and take it to Houston, TX, then put it in a container to be put on a boat. Then they fly from Houston to PR to get ready to receive their items. My mother's statement to me was to come visit for my birthday. Yes that would be great if my job gave more than 5 days off in a year. But that is a whole other story!

Anyway, so I will truly be on my own. I have always had my parents as my back up with my daughter. So now she and I will be on our own FA REAL!! LOL...it is very frightening for me. Although my parents and I aren't really close, it is nice to know that I have a back up plan. I am very glad they waited until my daughter got older before they moved. She is very excited by the prospect of going to PR for long vacations, as am I , but there is nothing like having your family close by.

Oh WAIT I have an idea! I can move to PR too. No I don't think they will go for that!! lol

1 comment:

CubanDiva said...

Hey Trina,
I got a house in Frisco cheaper than an apt in Plano and Frisco. So get ready to teen sit!!
LMAO