Monday, June 06, 2005

TV


Kevin Hill Cast...DAYUM Taye you FOINE!! Posted by Hello

I am going to be a little silly and petty right now. I am a TV junkie among my other flaws. Blame it on my mother. That is what my daughter is going to say about me in a few years too. :) I have to have the TV on to study, to read, to cook, to do anything. Yes, I can study and process what I have learned with the TV on. If it is quiet, I get extremely restless and can't concentrate. I am sure there is some psychologist that will say that I really didn't learn anything, blah, blah, blah!

Here is what I want to know. I just want to know who the hell makes the decisions about what is going to be on TV each season. It certainly isn't anyone who knows what they are doing. I was reading in the Dallas newspaper that all my favorite shows are being cancelled for the fall. My main one (aside from Desperate Housewives) is Kevin Hill. KEVIN FINE HILL!! ARE they freaking NUTS?!! I mean c'mon! Why is it when there is a show on about a Black man or woman even, they take it off the air. The Black person has to be down and out and on welfare for the show to be successful. And no I don't mean the dayum Jeffersons or the Huxtables! Yeah I loved the Cosby Show and it showed us in a great way, but is that the only show that we will have that will be successful? I mean does White America think there aren't any professional Black men or women? Do they honestly think that we don't exist?

So they decide this fall to cancel Kevin Hill. Here is a show with a professional Black man, professional Latino man (Jon Seda is fine as wine in the summertime), and professional women. This was a good show. But do they keep it on? HELL NO!! Yes, people, I feel strongly about this show! When will we have a show that portrays Latinos and Black people in a positive light? Did they even give Kevin Hill a chance? I am just pissed off right now. I looked forward to a new season of Kevin and Damien getting into trouble and getting others out of trouble. I looked forward to seeing Kevin progress with Sarah. Learning about his inner Daddy! Why are the TV execs depriving me of seeing a FINE ASS Black man be sensitive and decent? Because I sure as hell ain't seeing it in real life. Isn't TV supposed to create a fantasy for me? Well I guess it is time to come back to reality.

I love TV and I wish they would leave my shit alone!!! Oh yeah one more thing...who the hell is Neilsen and how do I GET to be on his panel?!!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

OMG, Tannia you're so right! Reese should be doing TV comedy writing somewhere!

But, even though I don't think I ever saw this show, I'm disappointed that it's getting cancelled. Have we gone no where as a people since Cosby Show and Martin?? (The only two "black" shows I can think of that lasted any decent amount of time.)

CubanDiva said...

Shelley,
I LOVED Johnny Zero too! I had forgotten about that one. They took it off after like 4 shows! I am so sick of these TV executives. Geez Man!!

Shavonne said...

Crap. I love Kevin Hill. I stopped watching TV because all of my favorite shows are no longer on the air. You can always buy the show when they put it on dvd in ten years.

CubanDiva said...

Shavonne,
I don't think I can wait that long! LOL