Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Celia at the Smithsonian


Celia Exhibit at the Smithsonian Posted by Hello


Celia Embracing the World Posted by Hello


Celia's infamous Cuba dress Posted by Hello

I went to see the exhibit of Celia Cruz at the Smithsonian Museum of American History. This exhibit was the BEST exhibit I have ever seen. It had music and video as well as her dresses and photographs. The music moved you to laughter and to tears, all in one place. I was dancing and singing along.

This woman was amazing. She created fashions that were way ahead of her time. The shoes she wore were gravity defying. This exhibit explained words that are used every day in Hispanic Culture, Sabor and Azucar. It was all done with such accuracy and care. You can tell whomever was the curator of the exhibit really admired Celia as a person and her career as entertainer.

4 comments:

Reese The Law Girl said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time in DC! And, anything Smithsonian rocks!! ;)

BEGT said...

D.C. is THE bomb!!! I wish I lived there!

CubanDiva said...

Yes, Celia was truly an artist and a great human being. I just noticed the pictures came out a bit dark on here. If you have a chance to see the exhibit in DC before October, please do so!

Karla said...

aww i am jealous i LOVE Celia she was a true artist.