Sunday, June 26, 2005

MOVING!! Part III

Daddy comes over to help me move the rest of my crap into my new joint! I should have known this would be an ordeal, because my dad is my dad. I want to just hurry up and throw the crap in the back of the truck and be done with it. No, not him. He wants to put things in the truck a certain way. So what should have taken an hour or two at most took 4 hours...just loading the stuff on. I love my dad and I appreciate his help, but my nerves were wreaked.

I had to return the UHaul back to the place by 4:30 the same day because the place closes at 5 pm on Sundays. It was 3 pm and we were just getting to my new place. By the way, my mom came with my dad, but all she did was complain how hot it was and to turn the AC on. Why turn the dayum AC on when we are going in and out. Doesn't that go against some parent rule or something? Or do you not do it when it is on THEIR bill?

So of course, my parents get to the new place and they have to take a tour. Meanwhile the clock is ticking. So my dad is pointing out all the problems with the place, ie., paint peeling, etc. I don't freaking care at that point. I just want the shit off the truck and in the house or the garage or someplace...just OFF the freaking truck. So I remind my dad, gently, we have to get the truck back. Well then we waste another 5 precious minutes while he goes off on a tangent about how NO ONE told him the fucking truck had to be back at a certain time. I didn't want to remind him that he was there when the man said it so I left that alone because he would have really exploded. I know I am making like my dad has anger management issues; he doesn't , he is just passionate about certain things.

We start unloading the truck. My mom is talking decorating tips and I don't have time for that crap either. So she is trying to tell us where to put everything so it looks nice. Ummm Mother can you just move so we can put this shit down? So we are at 4:15 by the time we get ready to leave. Then guess who shows up? The CABLE man. So I tell him where I want it installed and then leave Mom in charge.

We leave to take the truck back. But we have to put gas in it and it is a diesal. Umm there are NO diesal gas stations close by...so we drive for what seems like forever and we find one. Put the gas in and make it back to drop off the truck with 5 minutes to spare.

Still no phone service!!

1 comment:

CubanDiva said...

Yes they are priceless! lmao