Saturday, June 25, 2005

MOVING Part II

The movers arrived today. Why did I have to get Black man with an attitude and didn't want to work? He complained from the minute he walked in into my old place. He talked about how much stuff I had. Hell I know how must shit I have...I packed it! He begins to tell me what he is and isn't going to move. So I immediately get on the phone to his office and tell them WTF?!! You send this man and his buddy to move me and he tells me he isn't going to do it. So she has to get him straight. Then he starts throwing shit around and just being an all around asshole. The guy working with him was embarrassed you could tell, but Black man was his "boss".

I don't want to be too confrontational with this man because he basically has my stuff hostage on his truck. They get everything packed on the truck. We take off and we go to the new house. We wait and wait and wait for the movers to show up. They show up at 2 hours later. Now mind you I moved to the suburbs, but I didn't move 2 hours away from my old place....30 minutes MAX. So I get on the phone calling the office, again, saying WTF is taking so long?!! So they show up 30 minutes later. They arrive and refuse to take the stuff off the truck before I pay them. Mr. Attitude says you owe us $100 more dollars because you have 50 boxes over the estimate. So I said why is it $100 more now when you said it was $1.00 more per box extra. So in essence it should only be $50 more. So once again I am arguing with this asshole about my shit and money. I am calling the office AGAIN asking them why is he trying to rip me off. The office confirms I only owe $50 more. Mr Attitude was trying to the extra $50. I mean I can't believe how shady people are. I would have given him the extra $50 as a tip if he had had a better attitude and not try to rip me off. I pay them. They bring the stuff in. Disassembly and assembly were part of the price. The assembled some things but not others. By that time, I didn't give a shit...I just wanted them gone.

I go back to the old homestead and realize...THE MOVERS LEFT A BUNCH OF STUFF!! So I start to actually ball my eyes out because I have no more money and no way to get the stuff moved. So I call my parents, who by the way are moving to Puerto Rico. I don't know how many times I have to say it to finally believe it is true, but anyway. I am crying saying they left a bunch of stuff and they won't come back without charging, etc. My dad, who is a very volatile Cubano, says "call those muthafuckas back and tell them to come get the shit!!!" Finally, after I get him calmed down he says, "okay I will help you get the rest of your shit!" So tomorrow is UHaul day!

To add insult to injury, my PHONE doesn't work at the new house yet!! SBC sucks, by the way, but I have no choice in phone companies. Okay, I am getting off on a tangent. I have been using my cell phone for the past 3 days as my only means of communication. So no internet...I am at my parent's house writing this!!

This has been the WORST move of my life! When will it be over?!!

No comments: