Sunday, June 05, 2005

Living Arrangements


The Apt I can have Posted by Hello


The house I want Posted by Hello

Okay I have a huge dilemma. I need to move to the suburbs. I never thought I would say that. I LOVE Dallas. I love living close to EVERYTHING...malls, grocery stores, airports. You name it, I am close to it. So why am I leaving my beloved Dallas? Because their public schools SUCK!! The school system is a HOTT MESS! We have had like 6 superintendents in the past 4 years. Our school board is a pack of thieves. I have a 14 year old to educate, so we are packing up and moving to the 'burbs.

My dilemma is I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this house. It is actually cheaper rent than the apartment. But the deposit is WAY more than the deposit on the apartment. They are the same in square footage. The apt is 8 square feet smaller than the house. I like the idea of having my own separate place, make as much noise as I want. Okay pay $1100 deposit on a house or $69 on the apartment. Yes I said $69! So you get my dilemma?

House or Apartment...Apartment or House?! I spent all my money at the Sucias retreat...and don't get me started on that. I could borrow the money from my parents but MAN I freaking HATE asking them for money. It takes big chunks out of my pride to ask them for anything! They make me feel like such a "deadbeat bitch" as I so nicely called this past week. But wait I am drifting...lol Okay so ask the parents and get the "Why don't you save for a rainy day speech" or the " We are not made from money speech." LOL...or just get the apartment and save up for the house later. HMMM...how much pain can my pride suffer? How badly do I want this house? I will have to think about this one.

So many choices so little money! Awww the drama of it all!!! *sigh*

6 comments:

CubanDiva said...

Well I decided to go for the house. But I have the apartment on standby. If I get the house, I will only lose $69 for my deposit. But that is worth it to me to know I won't risk being homeless.
I have to be out of my current place by June 30th. So I am making sure I have a place to go! I know if it is something that I want badly enough I should be willing to do anything short of illegal to do it but man you don't know my parents!

CubanDiva said...

Trina,
To answer your questions: the owner will take care of the grass so I don't have to; the apartment is on the first floor; and my parents don't really give a dayum about my grandma...that's why she is living with me.

CubanDiva said...

Shelley,
You are sooo right. I hate living in apartments. I live on the first floor and of course I get the hard walking and the doing laundry at 3:00 am in the freaking morning. People are not considerate. Rant on girl! lol

Shavonne said...

Instead of paying someone else's mortgage, why don't you buy your own house? Just something to think about.

CubanDiva said...

Shavonne,
I would LOVE to buy a house. If I can't come up with the deposit to lease one, I would sure find it hard to put a down payment on one.

Shavonne said...

There are some houses you can buy with no money down they are just hard to come by. I would go and see what kind of loan you can qualify for that way you'll know what you have to work with. Contact Fannie Mae if you want more information/help with the process if you're interested.