Monday, August 29, 2005

Tupac

Most of my friends know about my obsession with Tupac Shakur. When I am tipsy, oh hell, let's just say drunk...I listen to his Greatest Hits CD continuously. Needless to say I have to rap to the pieces that I know.

Today, I decided to listen to his CD on my way to work. I usually don't because I get angry and then I will be a pissed off sista all day at work. But today was different. I was listening to "Keep Your Head Up" and I started sobbing in my car. It was like he was talking directly to me. I have heard this song I know a million times but it was like today was the first time I really "heard" the words. I feel like I have been struggling for so long. Now things are soooo much better for me, financially and emotionally, and here I am "sick" again. But today Tupac was telling me to stay strong and don't give up.

I was depressed most of the weekend. Feeling sorry for myself and my situation. I felt like why should I keep fighting, when it may or may not work. I think the anxiety of not knowing "what" they are going to do when I go to Houston and then what will happen when I come back home is starting to get to me. I am usually not this pessimistic but this time I am having a hard time dealing with it all.

But I am going to try to do as Tupac says...Keep my head up and keep going even when I am knocked down.

5 comments:

Karla said...

That Tupac, his lyrics always get to me. Keep your head up chica. You have all of us here who support you and are hear to help you out as much as we can. I send you tons of positive vibes and prayers your way chica. Hey if you need a pick me up you can always go to my blog and look at those papi chulo cousins of mines. :)

The Grouchy One said...

Kim, that is definitely your jam, lol! It tickles me every time I hear it, because it brings back fun memories. Can we dub this your giddy, tipsy, smiley theme song?

*Smile*

CubanDiva said...

Trina,
Thanks so much for this weekend. I needed to get out of the house.

Tannia,
I am sorry about your grandma. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Karla,
You know I can't leave here until I find you a DY2, but in Cubano form. LMAO!

Shelley,
Girl...now you know I gotta stay here until I can read part two of your book!! lmao

Grouchy,
I have two tipsy theme songs, "Keep ya head up" and "Smoking the La La LA" by Jay-Z..Remember??!! lmao

Joanne said...

Sorry you had a sucky weekend, chica. Remember that I'm always here, I'll even make you some spaghetti! ;-) Or something like killer punch! Just kidding! Houston is going to be ok. There's a better solution than the one you've been given. I think that everyday for you. From our mouths to God's ears. I ditto Shelley's quote!

Plus, we've got too much to do the next few years! Lots of partying! And scaring off boys. Oooohhh, and the barbecue! I'm coming! I love that Tupac song, btw. One of my favorites. Girl, look at you with your thug loving first thing in the morning! ;-) Sending you my smileys! :-)

Karla said...

Kim,

I miss you chica, I hope you are doing well and feeling better. hugs