Thursday, August 04, 2005

Computers

Well, my trusty laptop has no more energy left. I haven't been able to get online from home the last week and 1/2. The battery for my laptop won't charge up anymore so I have been without a computer and internet. Now I have already established I am an internet addict, so you know I have NOT been happy.

I have a Dell computer. Dell's are very good computers, but I have had constant problems with my AC cord and my battery for my laptop. I have found out that my particular laptop has been discontinued, even though it is only 2 years old. To replace the battery costs almost as much as a new computer. I have also found out that Dell's computers are put together with parts made in different places. I know most computers are made that way but I think this is a MAJOR flaw in Dell computers. I am not sure if they have made the pieces "fit" well together.

So I am trying to determine if I am going to buy a new laptop or just buy the battery for the one that I have already. I have to make up my mind soon because I can't stand not having my computer. Toshiba is looking good to me right about now!

2 comments:

The Grouchy One said...

You know i feel your pain. I am about to send these %$#holes @ Dell my computer--- keyboard/hard drive repair. *SIGH* Just right in time for the one year anniversary...Lovely.

Karla said...

Oh i am sorry to hear that kim i hope we have you back online soon.