Friday, September 30, 2005

Grandmothers

Today I met my friend's grandma. She invited me over to meet her mom and grandma and to share a meal with them. This friend has turned out to be a God-send but that is another blog

When I walked in and met "Granny", I felt like I was looking in my grandmother's face. Granny was feisty and fun and didn't bite her tongue in any way. She was loving and demanding; the type of demanding that comes with age and wisdom. I felt like I was talking to my grandmother.

Talking with Granny made me realize all grandmothers are they same, no matter what the race. They all think they know what is best for you, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. They feel they can say ANYTHING to you about you and your life. It isn't important if your feelings are hurt or not; they are telling you because it is for "your own good, M'ija!". Those are universal words.

So give your grandmother a big hug today and tell her you love her!

6 comments:

CubanDiva said...

I am sorry Shelley! I lost my abuelos, so I know how you feel...so give your Mami and hug instead.
Besos!

Joanne said...

Girl... I wish I could. I only have ever known one of my abuelas, and lately I've been thinking of my other one a whole lot. Grandmothers are such wonderful gifts, and I'm so glad that I have one still in my life. Thanks for this!

Karla said...

I also wish i could but we are so far away. I agree with Joanne abuelas are such a wonderful gifts. Great post.

Karla said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanne said...

Love the grannies and all, pero chica, I had to ask....
Greg Louganis???? LMAO! Dime, please!

Karla said...

Joanne: LOL!!!!!! Yeah Kim is going to have to tell you all about that one. I am laughing to hard to explain it. LoL