Friday, September 16, 2005

It will be okay!

My surgery has been rescheduled for Friday, September 23rd. The pain is killing me. The tumor on my kidney has attached itself on the nerves and muscles in my back. So, I have the possibility of being paralyzed also. Supposedly it is a day surgery with an overnight hospital stay. Then the next week will be the beginning of chemotherapy. It is a bit scary...well hell... a lot scary! I am trying REALLY hard to believe it will all be okay. It really isn't the surgery that scares me; it is AFTER surgery. I HATE chemo. To me, it is worse than the disease. The puking, the hair falling out, the dry, crazy looking skin, looking like death walking. I HATE being sick, feeling bad all the time. Is it worth it? It is all crappy! Then I am told I may have to do radiation therapy too. What da F?? Oh man, that in itself is enough to make me say forget it. I will take my chances. But I know I have to do everything I can to make it. I have a kid to finish raising, so I have to face my fears and do what I have to do.
It will be okay!

4 comments:

Karla said...

Kim my prayers are with you and your family. You know i am always here chica for whatever you need. Sending you un abrazo.

Reese The Law Girl said...

Sending you well wishes, prayers, whatever I can throw at 'ya girl! <3. Love you!

Joanne said...

Kim - it WILL be ok! I'm glad they pushed up the surgery, because it bothered me that you had to suffer through all that pain all that time. You know I'm praying for you girl, and I will be coming to the Dallas area to visit soon!

The Grouchy One said...

I'm sending a special prayer tonight, and am already looking forward to seeing you soon after your very SUCCESSFUL surgery ;)

HUGE Hugs to you.