Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's Over for Now

Well I had my surgery on Friday. I survived. I am at home and doing quite well. They took out a 4 pound tumor from my body, 10 centimenters around and they did it laproscopically. The wonders of medicine. It was a benign tumor that started out on my kidney and spread to the muscles on the right side of my back. He was able to keep my kidney and prevent me from being paralyzed. It wasn't cancerous so that is good news, but I still have to have chemotherapy for 3 months. I still hate the fact that I have to have chemo, but it is better than getting a death sentance.

I have to say my oncology surgeon is a hottie. He came from Houston just to do my surgery. He told me that I sent Hurricane Rita to Houston just to make sure he showed up for the surgery. This type of humor put me at ease. The fact that he is GUAPO had absolutely nothing to do with it. I love him! He made me no promises, but gave me hope when I thought there was none.

My boo came from Miami to the hospital and has not left my side. He is always the type to put his job before anything. So let's just say it was a surprise, a VERY pleasant, surprise for me nonetheless. He has been like a rock; my champion when I was having difficulty after the surgery. I thought he wasn't the type I could depend on, but he proved me wrong. Hey Karla, I think the DR men are better!

So it is on to chemotherapy next week. So it is on to hair loss, puking, diarrhea and fatigue. Ain't life WONDERFUL!

4 comments:

Karla said...

Kim,

I am also gald to hear that your surgery went well. A Papi Chulo for a doc? Who is also very nice damn now that is what i am talking about. Awww how cute of your man to come up and stay by your side.

I don't know about those DR men they can be big babies when it comes to serious stuff.

I know that chemo is not fun but those three months will go by quickly.

Love ya chica

Joanne said...

HOORAY for hottie doctors and mister M's... ;-) Prayer works, chica and I'm glad that all of our prayers were answered for you! Things are certainly sounding better than they had originally, so we all have much to be thankful for! I've got plans for you chica!:-) LOL!

I am coming to Dallas, I don't know when, but soon. I want that barbecue and Pappadeaux and um, beautiful Texans... and uh, yeah, sorry got sidetracked!

Reese The Law Girl said...

I KNEW with all of the good vibes you were getting, that your surgery would turn out positive. Plus, you had a hottie doctor! That's just the icing on the cake. ;)

Glad to hear you're okay. :)

CubanDiva said...

Thanks EVERYONE for the well wishes!