Friday, October 07, 2005

Greg Louganis




When I was a wee girl, I watched the 1976 Olympics. This was a significant year because it was the bicentennial of our country and the year Greg Louganis won the USA's first gold medal in diving. That was the year I had my first crush. I wanted to marry Greg. He was the MAN for me. He was so beautiful. He had the body of a Greek god. The washboard stomach, the muscles the full package. He was the diver I ever seen that wasn't Russian or Chinese. I knew I wanted him.

I know he is gay, but the 9 year old in me doesn't care. He still is poetry in motion on the diving board.


1 comment:

Joanne said...

Thank you, amiga. I get it! I was just teasing. I'll never forget watching the olympics when he hit his head. I didn't breathe until he popped up out of the water.

:)