Friday, March 28, 2008

My Job in a new light

I was supposed to be off from work today, but my manager told me he NEEDED me to come in today. So I told him I would but just for a few hours. So I get up and go to work. There is ALWAYS drama there! The people act worse than high schoolers. Telling on each other, complaining about one thing or another. It is just draining! I walk in today and once again, I am slammed with complainers before I can even get to my office. Oh by the way, I am a HR Manager. So the whiners attack with their complaints and problems. I just wasn't in the mood for it. Oh and somehow they have gotten my cell phone number!! WTF!! So I walk to my office feeling more pissed off than ever. My manager comes in and says it is time for your annual review. WHAT?! I have only been with the organization for 3 months. So he goes over my review, which overall was VERY good. Then he says, we get to the finance part of it. I was like what do you mean finances? He says "oh you didn't know?" Ummm know what?? I got a raise AND a MAJOR BONUS!! Can i tell you that my outlook on my job has completely changed?! I was totally shocked. My manager recognized how hard I have been working and actually said he appreciated it. It made me feel sooo much better. I still have to work on the whiners, but with a few more cho chos in my pocket, I can handle anything!! :)

No comments: