Friday, March 28, 2008

I have lost my mind!!

I want to make a blanket for myself. I have been making things for everyone else, so I figured now is the time to make something for me. I have been wanting to visit this yarn store in my neighborhood for the past year. I finally took the time today to go and visit. I LOVED this place. It had every kind of yarn you could think of. I usually go to Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or Joann to get my yarn, but usually these yarns are synthetic and don't always feel good on the skin. They are less expensive but don't feel as good. Synthetic yarns are made usually from petroleum products, which as you know, are endangering the environment. I wanted to try some REAL yarn...something natural and made organically, less harmful to the environment. I found it at this yarn shop!!

Okay here is the part where I have lost my mind. I bought 8 skeins of yard for $145.00. See I have lost my mind!! I don't know what I was thinking when I said okay I'll take it. I had immediate buyers remorse. The yarn feels so good and I know it will make me a great blanket but oh man it is so expensive. I am thinking of taking it all back and just buying my cheaper yarn. But oh I am so sad to part with this yarn. Should I or should I not take it back?!!

No comments: