Thursday, February 23, 2006

Quince

My baby turns quince today. I can't believe it. Where did all the time go? It seems like yesterday I was bringing her home for the first time, giving her first bath, kissing her sweet little face and tiny feet. Now, I am lucky if I can get a hug on a good day. Quince is a milestone birthday. You are basically 3/4th of the way to being an adult. Some literature suggest that everything that a kid learns morally and emotionally has already be formed and that they are just trying out what they learn. I certainly hope not because I still have a lot to teach!

Now I have to deal with boys calling, badgering to do home work, and screaming to get off the dayum phone. I have done all of this alone and it has been a definite adventure. I have been seeing those anti drug commercials, where the parents' voices are telling the kids to buckle up or give up a seat to a pregnant woman. I wonder if my voice is in her head saying "Save yourself for marriage!" LOL. Do you think she can hear me? I hope so. I wish her father could be here to experience all of this with me. But I know he is watching us and helping me along in his special way.

We are going to have a quiet celebration with two of her best chicas. I will be reflecting on how my baby is not really my baby anymore and how her life it just beginning.

Pray for me y'all!!

3 comments:

Karla said...

Aww HAPPY BIRTHDAY R!

Sorry i am a little late with this i was out of town.

Joanne said...

Dammmn! I can't believe it! Time really does fly. Don't worry, hon... your voice is the little good angel telling her things in her ear... :-)

She's a good kid, she's had a good mom. She'll be just fine. And, of course, she's saving herself for marriage - when she's 30!!!!

LOL!

Desiree said...

Hi! Just wanted to say hello to you, and hope the birthday went great! :)