Friday, February 17, 2006

DICK Chaney

Okay anyone who knows me, knows I DON'T like Republicans. That doesn't mean that I always love Democrats either, but they are the lesser of two evils.

When Dick Chaney shot his friend and hunting buddy, I think he did the right thing by not reporting it to the media right away. What a lot of people have failed to understand is that his hunting buddy is no longer in the public life. Maybe he didn't want everyone to know what an idiot he was to walk in front of Chaney while they were hunting.How he didn't follow the rule of letting him know he was coming close to him ...announcing he was there far enough away. That is hunting 101. I used to go hunting with my grandfather and he always emphasized that. No I didn't shot Bambi! Just a few pheasant, quail and rabbits. Okay that is another blog! lol

Anyway, the man in the hospital, has the right to privacy. I would not want the whole world knowing my medical condition. Can he just be recover without the whole world examining everything? What gives the media the feeling of entitlement that they are supposed to know about everything about everyone? Okay fine, report about Chaney shooting the man, but leave it at that. Did anyone ever think that maybe Chaney was thinking about his friend before the news broke to the world.? I don't see what the big deal was that he didn't report it right away. I accept his explanation of things...he wanted to make sure his friend was okay before he broke the news to anyone. That is a normal reaction. Look what happened when it did come out. There has been a media frenzy at that man's hospital. Who can rest when you know there is media mayhem going on? What if this man didn't want the world to know his medical history? I am sure he and his family felt pressured to disclose hs medical condition, but what about his HIPAA privacy rights? He deserves to be able to recuperate without media scrutiny.

People are upset that Chaney didn't make a statement about it right away. Did anyone think that maybe he was upset and had to compose himself first? Shooting someone accidentally is not a fun thing, especially when it is your friend.

I, in NO way support DICK and his policies, but in this situation, I do support his decision to make sure his friend was okay before "breaking" the story. I know I am going get flack from my friends in DC and Texas for this post. But I just want to believe the world isn't always full of evil politicians. I want to believe DICK and give him the benefit of the doubt. But mostly, I would like for the man in the hospital to be able to focus on getting well and not on the press hanging outside his hospital room!!



2 comments:

Joanne said...

Hmmmm. Interesting viewpoint missy. And, I wish I could agree, it's just that I don't trust that that was the reason he waited. I don't see him actually caring about anyone other than himself. I know it sounds harsh, but I just don't think that Cheney thinks about anyone but himself. (He's really given me no reason not to think that.) Anyway, I just don't believe anything he says - long before this incident.

Oh well, agree to disagree... :)

Do you get a long weekend? Any plans? Have FUN!

CubanDiva said...

Jo,
I don't care about DICK. I care about the man who was shot and his right to privacy regarding his medical condition.
You can disagree...that is fine. I ain't mad at cha. lol