Saturday, July 09, 2005

What's In a Name?

I "borrowed" this from my friend Marissa. Thanks for sharing Mari!

Kimberly is the #24 most common female name.
0.504% of females in the US are named Kimberly.
Around 642600 US females are named Kimberly!
source
namestatistics.com

Kim is the #118 most common female name.
0.178% of females in the US are named Kim.
Around 226950 US females are named Kim!
source
namestatistics.com

I thought Kimberly would be higher up on the list. It seems like EVERY girl I was in grade school with was named Kimberly or Kim. We had to go by our last names in class. It really sucked at times. I used to want to go by my middle name, but my teachers could never pronounce it. So I was stuck with the last name.

5 comments:

CubanDiva said...

Valerie,
My middle name is Yanira Dawn. You should be happy you didn't have one, if you had gotten stuck with one like mine.

CubanDiva said...

Ummm Trina! What CAN I say?! I will NEVER complain about my name again. I am sooooo sorry. LMAO! NOT! I have to say I thought you name was Katrina too. Sorry if I called you that a time or two! Um may I ask...why did Mami leave off the KA? LMAO
Besos chica!

The Grouchy One said...

LMAO @ you Trina.
That story of the AKA Trina, Ho Trina, and Trena, is TOO TOO FUNNY. I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you, but dayum!

**Warning: I am about to whine**:
PS... i am WITH you, eye to eye, on the pronunciation of your name. I just give up.. Half of the people I know, including my extended FAMILY, says my name wrong. It is such a workout to correct them all day long. They really don't care. THEN, they have the nerve to call me obnoxious when I corret them, saying "geez, sorry, no big deal". ARRRRRRRGGGHHH. Oh yeah, and NEVER EVER ask me why they spell/pronounce it 'this way'. I don't know dammit. Does it matter? LOL.

Okay. Phew. Now I'm done with my tirade. Thanks for listening,LOL

CubanDiva said...

LMAO...Valerie, that was probably a wise choice for your friend!

CubanDiva said...

Julissa...I am still trying to figure out how someone was able to HO-Lissa out of your name. That is some craziness.

Trina...you know those are club names so stop playing. LMAO