Saturday, February 09, 2008

Friendship Knitting

Over the years I have met some truly wonderful people. I moved to DC in 2006 to work a temp job for a conservation organization. I had lived in DC previously with disasterous results. But that is a different post. While I was there in DC I met a wonderful lady who took me under her wing.

She is originally from China and told me the hard time she had when she came to the United States. She lived in California at first and was basically a slave for a wealthy family. She was in the US to attend university, but they made it very difficult for her to do that. But she continued anyway. They decided to move to DC and "asked" her to move with them. She moved with them and went to university in DC, in between "working" for them. One day, she got fed up with them and quit. She found herself jobless and homeless for a little while. But she still continued on with her education.

Fast forward some years. She meets a nice man and gets married. She has a baby girl and then has a baby boy a few years later. Her baby boy died when he was 11 months and she was devestated. It was all due to careless mistakes of medical personnel. Once again that is another post. She thought nothing in her life was as horrible as that. I agree with her...but her faith never waivered. After baby boy's death she decided she did not want any more children, although her husband wanted to try one more time. So she got pregnant and delivered a healthy bouncing baby boy December 4, 2007.

So out come the knitting needles again and this is what I came up with.





This is for her new baby boy. This is for her to wrap her new baby up in and help him feel safe like she made me feel while I was there.


Thanks Z!!!

1 comment:

Karla said...

Aww those came out so cute Kim. I am sure she is going to love them.