Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dominican Hairdressers



Everyone knows that Dominicans do the best hair in the world! I had heard this for many years. Several of my friends get their hair done by Dominican stylists and I always admired their hair. The way they can get the kinkiest hair straight with a blow dryer and a round brush, is nothing short of a miracle. And it LASTS forever.

So after hearing and seeing the results of the "rolos" o "flip", I decided I had to find a Dominican stylist. So with the help of the wonderful internet, I found a website that has Dominican stylists or stylist that are trained in the Dominican method. Well, being in North Texas, means there are very few Dominicans. However, I was lucky enough to find a stylist really close to me that was trained in the Dominician method.

I treated myself, for Valentine's Day, to a hair day. This was the second time I have been to this stylist. She trained under a Dominican stylist in Washington, DC. DC and NYC have THE BEST Dominican stylists outside of DR. So I went today to get my hair done. It was the greatest experience ever. My hair feels sooo good. It makes me feel so great to have a beautiful head of hair!!

YAY DR and the rolos y flips!!!

2 comments:

L. Renee' said...

I have heard so much about Domenican Stylists. How they can grow hair and make it shiny and soft. I have been growing my hair out for past 3 months. Your hair looks so great! I can't wait to find a stylist asap. Thanks for visiting my blog too. Your comments are inspiring.

Webigail said...

Boy, what I wouldn't give for a Dom stylist right now! Being from NYC really spoiled me. There was a dominicana on every corner, so if one was too busy, just go to the next one.

Fortunately, I learned to do my own "rolos y halando" but it required lots of patience and time LOL.