Thursday, November 17, 2005

Quick Get away!


I had to take a break from my life for a minute, so I took a day trip to Washington, DC. I went to a party, I guess you could call it that, teaching how to make Cuban drinks. I know, it seems crazy to fly in someplace for 2 nights and a day, just to get away, but I did. My grief for my grandmother is at times overwhelming and I feel like I can't cope sometimes. The chemotherapy sucks, not as bad as before, but sucks none the less. I know, I know...I am not supposed to be drinking alcohol on chemotherapy. Shit, I was good al the other times and look where I ended up. So what is a little fun a minute. I felt like I needed to do this. So I flew in to DC on Tuesday night (11.15.05), went to the "party" on Wednesday night (11.16.05) and returned home on Thursday (11.17.05) at 8 am in the morning and I went to work on Thursday...with a hangover but I went.

The party was a lot of fun. It was heald at a Cuban restaurant called Yuca. I attended with mi amiga Grouchy. I can always count on her to partake in my wild activities from time to time. It is great to have a friend to do that is willing to do that with me. We learned how to make, I think, about 6 different drinks. After the first 3, I was drunk. My favorite drink of the night was the St. Lucia. Let me see if I can remember what was in it. There is Coconut Rum (They suggested Captain Parrot, but I am all about Cruzian flavored rums), Midori, Pineapple juice, and Sours. This drink was delicious. I kept sucking them down.
Check out the photos from the night!

Marissa taking a sip
The drink Menu at Yuca


VIVA CUBA!

1 comment:

Karla said...

Man, i am would like to go to one of those parties :)