Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Phoenix, AZ






I went to Phoenix on a trip. I had never really thought of Phoenix in any context before, other than it was in the desert and it was HOT. I had gone there with my grandmother to visit one of her sisters, but I was 10 the last time I went.

So I arrive in PHX and the airport sucks. It is pretty aesthetically, but the functionality of it sucks. That didn't give me any warm fuzzies. On to the rental car place. Can I say I felt like I was on a road trip? It took 20 minutes to get to the rental depot, it that is what you call it. I mean come on, could you build one closer to the actual airport. Okay still no warm and fuzzies yet. Get rental car and go to hotel. On the way there, I was amazed at the scenery. Talk about beautiful. Oh, it was serenic (is that a word) and calming. Everywhere I went beautiful landscaping and gardens...all surrounding the cactus. Cacti as tall as trees in some places. Cacti as colorful as flowers. Everywhere I went beautiful landscapes. I kept thinking of ways I could transfer some of that beautiful landscaping to my house. I realized that such beauty in the middle of a desert was amazing. Also, conserves water. I am all about going green these days, so I am going to explore putting cacti in my landscaping.

No comments: