Friday, June 01, 2007

MY FIRST HOUSE!!!

R in front of my new house

On May 25, 2007, I became a first time home owner. I bit the bullet and did it! All by myself. I signed on the dotted line. Talk about being a nervous wreck! I have a mortgage now! After I went to closing, I became unsure about what I had done. Could I pay the mortgage, did I get ripped off, did I make a HORRIBLE mistake. I actually started shaking. I have "owned" my own place before, but it was the house I grew up in.
My parents gave it to me because they didn't want me to come back home with a baby in tow. Also, known as, "you can move back home but we will move out and give you the house!" But that was different, it was already paid for...by someone else. This, is entirely another matter. I AM responsible for making the payments. I AM responsible for making sure the grass is cut, the repairs are made...EVERYTHING!!


But despite my nervousness, my paranoia...I am a HOMEOWNER! YAY ME!! I DID IT!! I know my excitement is probably ridiculous. People buy homes everyday, but this is an exciting time for me because I did it as a single parent, one income, one everything.


Oh WELL! I am going to make this work! MY HOUSE! MY sanctuary!

Part of my backyard




2 comments:

Karla said...

Congrats on the new home Kim! By the way I'm hereby tagging you... see my blog for more info.... : )

Srta. G said...

Congrats on being a homeowner and the weight loss.... !!
I hope you are enjoying the summer and staying cool.

Take care.