Friday, December 30, 2005

Books

Most people who know me know that I am obsessed with books and reading. I have a library in my house. Lately, I hadn't felt like reading much. Nothing has appealed to me lately. I wanted something that would take away me away, if just for a little while, from my sadness and misery.

I was wondering around Barnes and Noble, hoping that I would find a book that at least peaked my interest. I read everything from non fiction, historial, romance, "regular fiction" and the almight "Chick Lit". I used to spend about $100 a month on books. That is a lot of dayum books. During my wondering around I found a book that I decided to read. I feel incomplete when I leave B&N without a book.

Don't laugh at me but the book I picked up was a good one. Maybe I didn't expect much and that is why it was so good. Okay here it is...TA DA!

The Pregnancy Test
I really liked this book. It was funny, sexy, and very light reading. I didn't really have to think about anything other than I wished life could be like this. It is about a 20 something chica that gets pregnant by a 40 something man. He basically abandons her to be pregnant alone. Don't fret! She comes out of it good. It gives one hope that there are really men out there like the one she meets after she finds out she is pregnant.

If you want a no brainer book to read, pick up this one! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was so upset Shelley Halima's new book, Los Morenos, didn't come out as scheduled! I mean man that was so mean of her publisher to make us wait until November for the book When November rolls around they say ummm opps it is really January 2006! I mean can a sista just get a good book to read now?


I am also waiting for Mary Castillo to come out with her sequel to "Hot Tamara"!


Hurry, Mary, Hurry!!

This is torture!!

6 comments:

SuzLue said...

No kidding about Shelley's book and Mary's too! I started reading The Turkish Lover by Esmeralda Santiago, but you know what...I lost it! I lost the dang book somewhere in the house. LOL! I've been checking out a bunch of Julie's books these days. Fun reading while I juggle my life!

Karla said...

Girl tell me about it! I have been waiting for Shelley's and Mary's book as well. I also spend a lot of money on books.

Joanne said...

Hey chica! What's up? How are things?

SuzLue said...

I found my book! But now I'm reading Going Down by Jennifer Belle. Have you read it? I just started, but it's kind of sad. Hmmm, I'm sure I'll finish it by tonight.

Priscilla said...

Yeah, I'm a book fanatic too..and have discovered Edward McKay, a bookstore that sells used books that in good condition. You can find a lot of the chic lit stuff for about $5, and Latino Lit for $2. I also get the online coupons from Borders which are great. Thanks for the book recommendation...and yeah, I'm getting impatient waiting for Shelley's and Mary's books to come out too!

Joanne said...

Helloooooooo! *echo echo*

Where are you chica? Que pasa?