Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Is it Christmas time already??!!!

Okay...is it Christmas ALREADY?! Is the year almost up already?! Where did the time go? My daughter started bugging me about putting up decorations back in the beginning of November. I was sooo not ready. So I postponed it as long as possible. I think my procrastination came from not wanting to believe that another year has gotten away from me. What have I accomplished this year? What have I done to significantly change my life this year? The end of the year has always been a time of reflection for me, but not always in a good way. I am determined to think of something positive for this year. Okay Thinking....Thinking...Thinking...okay nothing! OH WAIT!!! I bought my first house this year. Okay well I may lose it next year due to unemployment, but at least I got it.



Here are some pictures of how we decorated the house for the holidays:






Still no Christmas tree up yet but it is coming. Uggh, just the thought of pulling all the stuff out of the garage...oh well...whatever it takes to make my daughter happy. The Holiday season has become so commercial these days. I heard on the radio that Madonna and Guy Ritchie did not celebrate Christmas anymore...not just because of Kibbala, but for other reasons. But hell they are cabillionaires, so they have Christmas everyday. It is especially stressing when you don't have money. So I have taken to making gifts for my friends and family. I will post those pictures after the holidays. I don't want everyone to see what I made for them for Christmas. lol I am trying to prepare my daughter for a sparse Christmas this year. I have always been able to buy her what she wanted for Christmas, even at my poorest periods of my life. This year I am having a difficult time. I am trying to tell her, "Hey you have a nice house to live in so this is part of your Christmas!" She just looks at me like I am crazy! Yes it is my fault; I have overindulged and over compensated because she doesn't have a father. Now I am and she is suffering for my bad parenting.



Well, here is wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season!!

No comments: